Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thanksgiving.

yes, i'm in the moment preparing for and enjoying the Thanksgiving festivities....but only because this is totally how my brain works (on to the next thing)...here's a yummy left over turkey idea:
TURKEY SQUARES
saute 1 pkg mushrooms (you can skip this part if you are not fond on mushrooms...like me and my alec)
add 1, 8oz pkg of cream cheese
blend well with mushrooms (or just get the cream cheese good and gooey if you are opting out of the mushrooms)
add diced or shredded turkey and mix well (still in the skillet)
using the canned croissant rolls, unroll the dough and tear out 2 triangles at a time making squares onto a cookie sheet
plop a bit of mixture into the center of each square
fold each corner of the croissant over the mixture to meet in the middle, making a fancy little turkey square
bake at 350 until golden brown
yum!
I love the way my house is smelling, looking and feeling this morning. I love how holidays have their own magical feel. I love tradition. there is so so much to be thankful for. alec and I have been reflecting this month on our thankful tree (maybe I'll post a picture of how it turned out this year...I changed it up a bit), and it's been a neat feeling to connect with each leaf of gratitude as we're thinking up what we're thankful for, writing it, and then seeing it each day til thanksgiving, being reminded of it in our daily routine and happenings. and now the day of feasting, family, and black friday ads (in our house!!) is here.
happy happy happy thanksgiving.

(scharm, still secretly wishing we were celebrating amongst your crowd today, too...we love and miss you)

No comments: