today I worked (at the drive-in).
and this evening my cute boy attended a birthday party downstairs...just under our tree house. he's at a 1/2 sleepover for another 30ish minutes (don't you just love those??). well, I took the opportunity to run to a few stores to make myself somewhat presentable for a little outing tomorrow.
I showered and slipped into an outfit my body dones about ummm every other day or so, and headed out the door. what i didn't know was that at that moment, the world began to play a trick on me. or maybe i played a trick on myself?
and this evening my cute boy attended a birthday party downstairs...just under our tree house. he's at a 1/2 sleepover for another 30ish minutes (don't you just love those??). well, I took the opportunity to run to a few stores to make myself somewhat presentable for a little outing tomorrow.
I showered and slipped into an outfit my body dones about ummm every other day or so, and headed out the door. what i didn't know was that at that moment, the world began to play a trick on me. or maybe i played a trick on myself?
perhaps this has happened to you..... every glance in the mirror began to distort my being. my complexion was all wrong, my haircut was no longer fresh and fun, my brown fall sweater that my mom found for me at a thrift store for 10cents was suddenly a lame 10cent sweater, my shirt with embroidered flowers was quite a ridiculous combo of spring mixed all wrong with my brown fall sweater, and my cute red shoes that I love so much were suddenly tattered, torn, and all wrong for me. my nails, my lips, my cheeks, every single darn detail of me was being ripped to shreds with every fitting room mirror, every glance in the random store mirrors or even rear view mirror of my car. what was worse is I was doing it to myself. I kept some sense of reality, knowing I was doing it and telling myself to not pay attention to myself (cooocoo!). and I had to base my purchase rationally on something I knew was me and that when I was all "done" I would like me again, and be glad I had this to add to me...particularly for my outing.
just when i was sure i was losing it (sort of) and could not wait another second to get home and rip my clothes off into something that was not near as awful, to put my hair into some jazzy bobby pin pile up, and to cover it all with an apron and bare feet, I arrived home. ahhh. and the most beautiful way to be rid of that awful bubble of doom occurred when five 10(ish)year old boys came bounding into my space and jolting me back to reality. again, ahhhh. how refreshing and beautiful and funny. how completely the opposite of girl-dom. oh how i love boys. LOVE them. love love love them. i appreciate much of the girly things about myself, but those darn bubbles of doom...not my favorite!
so to all of my sisters who begin to experience said symptoms, immediately rush to the nearest boy. seriously, try it. they help. :)
1 comment:
amen sister. AMEN! i SOOOOOOO hear you.
Post a Comment