Friday, May 30, 2008

fabulous.

I don't know that you can click on this, but it's here if that helps.
It's mine.
I own it.
In fact, I'm wearing it.
My sweet Beth made it a fantastic graduation gift and I am practically floating in it today. Appropriately, I am baking (for Alec's school and for the cub scout auction tonight). I am also cleaning, preparing for a yard sale in the morning, and getting mentally and physically ready for a week at my grandma's.
This apron is inspiring me.
It is making me feel completely beautiful and unique and weird....and I love that about it. I am so happy to be a woman. I am so happy to be a mother. & I cannot wait to teach.

3 comments:

Babata said...

okay, Steph, so I haven't stopped by the blog in awhile...so Happy Graduation!!! You are amazing and I LOVED the pictures of Alec and seeing him grow! And, yes, that Mother's Who Know talk is amazing....Also, have you read the book, "I am a Mother"...I liked it, and finally....love, love the apron!!!! Let the spoiling begin now that school is over...you deserve it!! :)

Cassie Stewart said...

You know I love me some anthro aprons! very cute! and I can picture you wearing it and trying to make your mom's chocolate cake :)

stephanie said...

cass, I love that you put "trying" cause you know me and the kitchen! :) actually i mastered that cake a while back...although i'm not sure if that's good or bad. we actually made a skateboard cake (me, alec and his friend/our neighbor). it turned out awesome (3D and all)!! the boys were so proud. and we transported it in a pizza box (although it couldn't close) and they put pictures of skateboarders from Alec's magazines he gets all over it. goodness they were proud. i would have posted a pic, but you know...grr.

babata, i sooo loved those pics of alec too. we had pictures out all day the day of his birthday. 10 years is a lot to look back on. it was fun. i have not read I am a Mother, but i'm looking into it immediately. i can read alllll i want now!