Tuesday, May 27, 2008

and..., and..., and...

is it just me or does the world (really, time) just move at a rate so completely beyond any pace one can realistically keep up with??! there are so many big things that once felt so far away, but that are suddenly here...or here and gone. i am making conscious efforts to savor every moment, all the while watching the realistic everyday to do's pile up. how does one really get it all done and still be a good parent, and meet everyone's (including their own) needs, and..., and..., and...? sorry to make the drug reference, but I can totally see how and why "speed moms" happen. I so admire the stay at home moms who put forth the effort for structure. it seems like unless it is forced on me, I am just no good at it. I have a mother of a to do list to finish all the need-to's and want-to's from the semester, including a massive plan for getting us fabulous over the summer (more need-to's and want-to's). what I mean by fabulous is simply being consistent and on track for the things that will help us in all the ways it promises, and living even more by the standards which we believe, and incorporating creative outlets that allow us to flourish, in addition to preparing for a job I so desperately want.
my home feels like this fabulous space set up for us to use if we're ever around to use it. instead, we utilize it as a bus stop/train station kind of place. i think I'm ditching the TV for the summer (possibly forever), and so getting our space one that our little family deserves. i'm also thinking I'm going to find a way to take back time. i have no idea how, but today, I'm going to find a way....while I'm back tracking in my church calling that I'm super behind on (which is possibly 14 errands alone), picking up and cleaning my home, cleaning my car out (my graduation gown and such is even still in it!), writing a ton of thank you's to some pretty fabulous people before writing them seems to slip away from me (as I feel like it so often does), and again: and..., and..., and.... I'd rather do all of this than write another 30 page paper any day....so i'll quit complaining and get on the ball.
I'll blOg again soon about all my fantastic progress!

No comments: