Friday, May 9, 2008

pondering.

In just a short time I will be leaving to go and graduate. Today...at 2pm. I'm a little overwhelmed by the state of "imperfections" that appeared all over my face yesterday. In somewhat of a crisis mode I think I have washed my face 45 times, and my cousin and aunt are pulling out the tools (aka: makeup) to get to making me somewhat normal. Really, of all days??
Other than that, I am completely relaxed and having a quite enjoyable time soaking it all in. My mother took me to get my fingers and toes jazzy yesterday, and we had spinach dip and salads from one of our favorites..Houstons. Sammy got my hair spectacular this morning, Alec is romping around at Field Day, and I'm about to slip into my clothes (and then go complete the art project on my face).
....
okay, so I've returned from being an art canvas as my cute cousin has transformed me. I've officially decided I am buying makeup. I cannot even believe what she just did....i look mostly normal! :)

I'm sitting in this moment dressed (early!). Everyone else got me ready...all I had to do was put on the dress. My aunt even ironed and beautified the gown and hood. And my cousin and grandma gave me their oh so important 2 cents about the placement of my cap.
I'm feeling excited. I am excited for this closure. It's never been an option to not walk....to just end it would not be near as gratifying. There were finally tears last night as I got to release some of my stress, anxiety, fears, proundness (whatever, I know it's not a word but pride sounded odd), excitement, and just plain happiness. I am looking back at all my years. At all my work. Even at all my hard hard work and commitment to progression in the decade of my 20s (my 30th is approaching quickly). And I am understanding the simplicity and importance of the words and it was good.
I'm happy to have this blog to purge myself even in my most important intimate personal moments. Because even in this brief time alone on such a big day....I am blogging.

No comments: