Saturday, May 3, 2008

super done.

It's funny how my brain is slowly processing this whole "i'm really done with school" thing. I know I am (done). I've been officially congratulated by all my professors and my advisor. I have no more homework, no more papers to write and no test to study for...none of which is encompassing the usual ginormous portion of my brain/emotional state/time it typically consumes. I've even officially worked my last "intern" event (today). Monday I will even officially hug, kiss and show my great appreciation for my 2 amazing mentors in parent education. BUT, is it odd that I 1/2 expect someone to jump out of the bushes (or more realistically have my advisor call) and say, "sorry, there was a mistake and it's really NOT over." Cause I do. Think that. I'm having such a difficult time accepting it as my reality & wrapping my brain around it. I don't think that moment will come until I am walking, cap gown and all, with my cute boy, family and friends cheering behind me, and hear my name as I move step by step across the stage. I can imagine it, I can almost feel it...but as of yet, I don't own it.
Have you officially decided I'm wacky yet?!
Tonight my cute boy is at a sleepover at his grandma's.....and well, I am blogging. Okay, so I am about to kick up my feet, and chill. Funny that that ended up being my choice because when I originally learned I would have the evening to myself my mind was racing with ooooh, i'm going to go to a couple of shops to look around, clean my house, take down/put away all of my school stuff, maybe go see Baby Mama (cause I'm dying to see it!), and take a bubble bath. The bubble bath still might happen, but I ate raisin bran for dinner and I still don't have the umpf to do a darn thing. I'm giving myself permission this weekend to do just that....not a darn thing. And I'm okay with needing a little transition time to get out of hard-core-school-mode. After all, it's mostly been my life for the last 11 years (9 in undergrad, and 2 more in grad). As someone graciously pointed out tonight that if I add that to my 12 years of grade school that equals 23 years of education. I'm 29 years old, people. that's a thought to leave you with! :)
okay, so off to just be...

2 comments:

Heather said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I saw you called tonight....it's too late now.....I'll call tomorrow! :)

Cassie Stewart said...

I wish I was there this weekend and we could have seen baby mama together. Heck I would even settle for life cereal on your couch watching Charley again :) I'm excited for you this weekend!