Monday, May 5, 2008

why did my child stay home from school today?

because his MOM needed him to.
yes, yes it was a big fat cleaning/washing/getting life in order day. my cute boy had a mandatory stay at home day (determined by ME). together, we took ownership in putting in the elbow grease and time to take care of each other and our home, our car that gets us around everywhere, to plan meals and finally restock our refrigerator and cabinets with good foods. we even repotted our one and only plant living and thriving, but so bursting out of its tiny space. even our plant transitioned to something new today. and a few days ago we transitioned Tabor to his new bright green sand which he is loving (we've decided). today was no friends (which I've needed him to turn to more often, so a little different from the norm lately), just mom. there was closure for me as I took down all the calendars and such. at one point Alec was even ripping down the pages and pages of notes from my midterm and final that were tacked up on our wall. the mountain of clothes has been completely put away, and a new round is washing as we speak. Alec gave me "pointers" and I promised to be so much better at putting it away as soon as I pull it out of the dryer. :)


I have to say that I absolutely love and adore my cute boy. I love being a mother. I love the undeniable feeling of pure joy I feel even at the sight of him. Now when I hold him or even attempt to cradle him in my arms, I am without a doubt the mother in Love You Forever as I rock and love a boy a mere five inches or so shorter than me. Today every short moment of silence was broken with scenarios asking me which super hero I thought would win __or__? And any similar opportunity was an option to race (i.e. putting on seat belts, taking out trash, returning from the mailbox, running up our stairs, putting away our clothes, and more)....all..day..long. We are in transition. Yesterday Alec received a special blessing from our fabulous home teachers, and today was the day we began our reconnecting. It was a good start.


...
on a side note: no one jumped out of the bushes, but I did hear from my advisor. she contacted me to tell me my final paper was graded and congrats again on graduation....my final confirmation easing my pretty little head. it's finally more than real in my mind.

No comments: