"It's Friday....wooohooo!" That's what Alec and I say every Friday morning. Aside from being the final day of our always fast-paced, jam-packed weeks, Friday is also my only day that I work...at the drive in as I frequently call it now. But, well, it's a drive in restaurant. This was my first job when I was 16, and other than about 3 or so years, has been a constant for me. Other than the money, what I love most is that I don't have to think when I'm there. I can check out mentally and just work. This morning I went to my shift at dark-30 as always. The only difference in this morning from any other morning over my ridiculously long time at "the drive in" is that this morning I was robbed.
Yep...I said it...robbed.
Only my robber did NOT look like this:
(my cute boy hiding in his first semi-scary Halloween costume...really he just wanted to wear his new hoodie & he's always wanted to have an excuse to wear one of those ski masks, so we made this work)
(my cute boy hiding in his first semi-scary Halloween costume...really he just wanted to wear his new hoodie & he's always wanted to have an excuse to wear one of those ski masks, so we made this work)It was almost trickery. It was so dumb and escalated so fast that I couldn't even believe it was happening. He asked me for change to a bill I had to collect all of my own money for, plus some from inside the store...and then he made up this extremely awkward exchange to where I was forced to give him the change first...and then he simply put his car in reverse and drove away! Slowly even. The nerve. I was following him and shouting that he still had the money and he told me to hold on about 10 times...while he drove away. I was dumbfounded. In fact, I almost felt rude or insensitive wanting to write his licence plate number on my hand (what if I was misinterpreting this whole thing??), so I studied it to memorize...which I forgot because again I couldn't even believe it.
Geez, it was a day at the drive in.
3 comments:
WHAT! Seriously? That's the craziest hilarious story...maybe hilarious isn't an appropriate word...I needed a good laugh on my dreary bad news day. I need the whole scoop....I'll call you tomorrow! :)
oh my goodness!
whoah, was this before--- or after i was there? freaky!! or as we say "awkWARD!"
Post a Comment