On the opposite end of the spectrum from my previous post...this Saturday I took another jaunt (this one much shorter) to San Antonio. Only this time it was to attend a funeral. It was someone I knew once upon a time....when I struggled, when I was ornery, when I was living another life. This is the 2nd person from "those days" that has passed from lifestyle choices and from just not being able to figure it out....and I'm only 29. It's sad. Life is intense. It's crazy how DARK things can get, and how impossible it can seem to live any different. But it is possible. And there is another way. I'm sad for those in my life that want different but feel bound by the ugly and their personal addictions, and who are terrified of knowing anything different. Or who are paralyzed in some way from doing anything about it. Although I am empathetic to it, too. Really...I get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment