Saturday, February 9, 2008

beth.

reason #3 Aquarius is just so darn special to me is
BETH.
I love this girl! Beth is a friend that immediately goes deep with me. She's a thinker and one who is always brainstorming, making list upon list upon list, and who is always trying to figure out how to be better. I am constantly learning more about myself because of her. What I love is that even in the midst of her seriousness and depth, she can be the first to jump up and dance, or sing karaoke, or make you laugh. And she is a wonderful mother by instinct, which is rare & beautiful to me.
Beth and I met because of my red Vans. She saw me wearing them at a church function and decided that we should be friends. And so we are. Which is another thing I love about her....when she sees someone she wants to know more about, she does something about it. I mostly just secretly admire from afar.
So I had the privilege of hanging out with this girl the majority of her birthday. She came to my parenting class (of which I spontaneously co-taught) and added so much to the class that my supervisor even complimented her at the end (to me). I told you she was a good thinker, and did I mention that she is so smart?? Cause she is. Then we had a night of hanging out....visiting, admiring websites, planning new projects, and Rock Band. Her super wonderful husband (our soldier I frequently post about) who has some ridiculously advanced skateboarding skills spent some time skating with my cute boy. In fact, of everything we did yesterday, that 30 minutes or so with Justin was Alec's favorite! (he told me in our recap of the day...and even after our hardcore pillow fight.)
Beth, I am so glad you took it upon yourself to make sure that we met. I have loved how quickly and easily you have become an important part of my life. I adore you...and your cute girl...and your cute husband.
Happy Birthday! I love you!

No comments: