This morning is the aftermath of the most wonderful weekend. We are exhausted. But my heart is full, I'm practically floating from the goodness of it, I am peaceful and content.
This weekend we loaded our car and took a 7hr jaunt to Louisiana for my cute Alec's aunt's wedding. JANET. I don't think it's really possible to explain all the dynamics that made this event so special. A union of two people, yes. An earlier than anticipated date (5 months earlier actually), yes. An aboslute perfect mesh of two immediate and extended families, maybe. But the depth of a great man (LANCE) falling madly in love with Janet...and her 5 girls (or gems as he referenced them in his toast), no. The importance of a beautiful, fragile father (TOM) quickly being overcome by cancer who in his final days is insistant on his attendance to his son's event, no. The rememberance of Lance's mother who just passed in October to the same disease, and desire by many for her presence, no. The significance in every detail, no way. The bonding of family members, and new family members, and friends, no way. There were just so so so many details. So many small and big moments, that there is just no way I could come up with the words for it all.
This weekend we loaded our car and took a 7hr jaunt to Louisiana for my cute Alec's aunt's wedding. JANET. I don't think it's really possible to explain all the dynamics that made this event so special. A union of two people, yes. An earlier than anticipated date (5 months earlier actually), yes. An aboslute perfect mesh of two immediate and extended families, maybe. But the depth of a great man (LANCE) falling madly in love with Janet...and her 5 girls (or gems as he referenced them in his toast), no. The importance of a beautiful, fragile father (TOM) quickly being overcome by cancer who in his final days is insistant on his attendance to his son's event, no. The rememberance of Lance's mother who just passed in October to the same disease, and desire by many for her presence, no. The significance in every detail, no way. The bonding of family members, and new family members, and friends, no way. There were just so so so many details. So many small and big moments, that there is just no way I could come up with the words for it all.
Yet, it is blogable.
we had to stop and admire the water just inside the border of Louisiana.
At the rest stop Alec and I ran to put our feet in the water & we came to a screeching halt followed by a lot of laughter at this sign right by the water...yikes!

i love this of the girls all doting over their beautiful mother...

and the mother & sister helping with the final touches (above) 

Lance's aunt
held the wedding & reception in her fantastic Louisiana home! It was absolutely perfect...so so peaceful. I spent a lot of time on this porch!!! Note the weather. It had been pouring all morning...and even late that night. But for this event in between, it was bright and beautiful and 75 degrees. Even that added to the exhilaration of it all. I can still feel the breeze and the sun sitting on the porch, chatting, and surrounded by happiness.


the ties came off, the sleeves went up, the sweat started pouring and the dance off between cou
sins...ALEC & KYLE...began! Really there was only a beautiful piano player. So the dancing music came only to Kyle's ears via ipod, while Alec merely copied and impromptu-ed his dance portion through his own internal music. :) I didn't get the shot, but there is quite a crowd around the two! And don't tell anyone, but I totally think my son smoked him! :)
this was a beautiful bonding moment among father's & sister. There was quite a bit of bubbly involved, but it only added to the moment. I'm teary thinking of what I witnessed & overheard as I watched from afar & snapped a few pics. & I love how Lance is looking at his dad...priceless. 
remember the part where he took on the 5 kiddos??? things like random written notes on his back...will happen.
&so
they
will

live
happily
ever
after.









2 comments:
First of all...Janet looks beautiful and her dress is timeless! Secondly...I want to live in that house with that front porch!! I'm glad you guys had a GREAT time!!! You took great pics!!
I totally agree with the above comment AND I can't believe those girls- they are so beautiful and grown up looking to me now!
Post a Comment