Monday, February 4, 2008

happy birthday scharman.

reason #2 why Aquarius is so so so so dear to me...SCHARMAN.
In my eyes, Scharman is perfection. She is all that I strive to be. All those things you'd like to be better about yourself, she encompasses naturally. I recently described her as perfect to a friend who replied with, "Nobody's perfect." But when I thought about it....to me she is. Her life is not without struggle, conflict, confrontation, temptation, mistakes, or overwhelming fits of 'wow, life can be really hard.' Nor is her life complete with constant understanding and clarity. It's how she takes on life and the way that she lives it that I admire. It's how she responds to all of the above, how she relies on the Lord, how she works for a better self, her standards and her committment to her family, her fabulous style, her ambition to run 15 or so (I forget the current #) miles every morning along with personal scripture study to start her day. I love that she couldn't find a marathon that wasn't on a Sunday so she made up her own. I love her language. I love how she always says, "Hello Friend!" She is my Family & Child Studies guru, hence another inspiration to my decision for my masters degree. We share this great connection in our views on children. It's so refreshing to have that connection with people that are looking at motherhood, parenting, the children you serve or work with, or even the kid at the store through the same lens as you and with the same ideas. I love that she has this great depth to her that allows us to connect so easily. She is one of the few that completely "get" me...and I love that. (Don't worry it's not a requirement for all. So if you think I'm wacky and you totally don't get me, it's okay. Sometimes I'm still figuring me out.) I love that Scharman uses her hands, heart and mind to serve and live as Christ would want her to. She goes above and beyond. I know he is beaming with pride for her acts of kindness. You should see her magnify a church calling! In case you can't tell, I think she's amazing.

Today I am celebrating Scharman.

Scharman, my beautiful friend, I hope you are having a wonderful birthday. I hope that you are feeling so loved even miles away in Austin. You have one of the greatest husbands I know, so my bet is that he's doing his part to make this day special. I absolutely love and adore you. I am constantly in awe of you, your family, and the life you live. I am happy to know you.
Happy Birthday, Scharm.

1 comment:

squeezeme said...

I read this blog at 8:36 pm as I am ending my day. It has truly been a quiet lovely, simple day and now I read your words and feel totally overwhelmed and humbled, because you my dear friend are my spiritual giant. You my dear friend inspire me like very few women ever have in my life. You my dear friend motivate ME to be better, try harder, to truly grow and change. You my dear friend are my sister in Christ, as we struggle and rejoice in this amazing mortal journey. My heart has been tender these past several days and I needed a day where I didn't go anywhere (not even to drive a carpool), where I reflected on the tender mercies of the Lord in my life of which your friendship is one. I needed to build a snowfort in thigh high snow in our backyard with Emme, Grace, George and a few neighbor kids....I needed not to cook (soup for lunch from my visiting teacher and sushi for dinner from Matt). I needed cheesecake. And now your blog....I love you, Steph and miss us in daily life together! Thank you for being my friend.