last but certainly not least...the final reason why Aquarius is so dear to me is CASSIE.
Cassie and I met in high school....when we were somewhat lost souls trying so hard to figure ourselves and life out. Lots and lots of talks, lots and lots of tears, and lots and lots of laughing. I adore this girl. What I love the most is how drastic our lives have changed since those days. I really think a lot of it has to do with why those talks even came about. It has to be because of what was at the core of us....and all the analyzing to know that one day what was inside would actually be our lives. Maybe we needed to help each other turn ourselves inside out.
When I am with Cassie I feel peace. It's hard sometimes with all the miles between us, but always when we're together again it feels like home...like family...and I love that. I love that we connect through our passions: Sarah McLachlan, old houses, motherhood, family, live music, funky coffee shops, Magnolia Cafe, Chuys, anything vintage...the list goes on and on. Always what is imbedded in me about her is how giving she is. Really the most giving person I know. Cassie's world is filling quickly with little girls. She has a wonderful, wonderful husband...which in itself brings peace to know how well she is taken care of.
Today Cassie is celebrating her 30th birthday. I'm still in awe of how quickly the time has gone by. How can Cass be 30???? That means my own 30th is right around the corner, and that's just crazy. Especially when I can still vividly see us in school, or bored to death in a college history class we attempted together, or a million memories from our time in Babata's room...the list goes on and on. What better way to celebrate this grand event than by running 13.1 miles in her 1st 1/2 marathon??! That's what she did this morning! I wish I could have been there cheering you on and crying as I normally do. Nevertheless I am so proud. I love my life with you in it, Cass. And I am so happy to be celebrating YOU today. Happy 30th Birthday! I love you.
4 comments:
thanks steph, love you too.
you forgot your Y&R friend-wait thats not really something you admit.
oh, and your chevy cavalier friend :)
seriously...there are sooo many more things. How about the friend you really called "dog" or the fact that we can kind of add Bold and the Beautiful and As the World Turns?! Or the friend you always get lost with...even if it's looking for your car in the parking lot.
i'm dying!
Post a Comment