the only sound in my house in this moment is of my typing and the refrigerator. i don't even hear a peep outside. there is almost no movement. I am trying to soak in this day as best I can. it was good and productive. it was interesting. it was odd.
6am- up, nervous as heck, showered, make-uped (that's new and regular now...i'm getting much better at it)
8am- pancake breakfast to support the cute boy's cousin's upcoming trip to Spain(?). i'm drawing a blank, and something is telling me i got the location wrong. anywhooo, we supported her. :)
10am- home to study 4th grade, write and print some jazzy cover letters, and found myself with scrapbook paper and the paper cutter getting a little extra jazzy in the owl department. (the principal noticed by the way)
10:30ish- hair curled (kind of like 8th grade), and 1 million outfits flung about my room in an effort to find the right one.
11:15ish- on the road for the convention center....where I remember PecanStreetFestival, and where I see wedding parties walking, and even find myself poking along behind the horse drawn carriage. in traffic. finally, a few blocks away and $7 in quarters (for the parking garage) later, i am hitting the road building up confidence as I walk, and totally ready for show time.
12:30- registration complete and I enter the chaos of jOBfAIR. I meet THEowl. perhaps the queenOWL? I tried to shake her hand...but got a little reprimanded. swineFLU- duh! she didn't say that, but perhaps if I would have looked inside the red folder I received at registration I would have seen the opening announcing NO PHYSICAL CONTACT. she remembered me...well, my resume, and even details about me. want to know how? my jazzy brochure. shew! i knew i did that for a reason. :) i name dropped, too. cause I have a teensy weensy connection, and that's what you do. i didn't have enough resumes, and i felt awful about it. for a second. all i know is I have to get a job. have to. have to have to have to. so I will say this: soon, I will have a job. there. it's out there. in the universe. thank you for my job! I love it. it's so great. really. (am I overdoing it? cause some people live by this, you know)
***I should mention here that when I got in the car (on the way HOME, i realized my skirt had turned completely sideways. i was all dorked-out in a sideways skirt...trying to impress!***
2ish- home. I swear (fast huh?). I was so tired I could hardly process right. I felt a bit stuck in emotionally negative (although not neeeeearly as extreme as I normally go), that I began to consider the possibility of PMS. but who ever really knows with my body. feb: 11th, march: 12th, april: 7th, may: ? so perhaps i'm now a 7th-ish girl, and that would make the PMSing make sense. and then i'm off the hook for slipping into hopelessly hopeless.
but the nerves start working in me again...cause my day's not over and there's more. so I decide I need rest. (being on the phone with jackie til 2am might have contributed:)) sweet sleeping stephanie in a fantastically rejuvenating hour long nap!
4pm- dressed in clothes I just don't put on much (the working out kind of clothes), I gather some papers and my purse, and head out the door to my newest venture.
4:30- I begin orientation of a big fat emotional awesome program.
6pm- I walk out, in tears, relieved, in awe, ready, willing, capable, and empowered. and while I build up on the inside, I become meek on the outside. I know I will likely lay low to my world. especially because this will require focus, discipline, and determination. (all of which i am capable of) this is going to be an interesting 3 months. in august, i just might be a butterfly.
now- i'm home. in silence. kidless still. in a trashed space. i will clean. i will study (I teach tomorrow). and I will soak in the happenings of this odd interesting day.

1 comment:
You will be a butterfly dear friend, you will. AND you will have an awesome job! Of these two things I am sure.
Post a Comment