Saturday, April 5, 2008

just a li-i-i-i-i-ttle bit more.

2 more evaluation assignments
2 more weekly practicum reports
1 final exam
1 research paper (approximately 30 pages)
1 practicum report (approximately 30 pages)
1 presentation of my experience as a Parent Educator this semester
in addition:
complete my teacher portfolio
visit elementary schools of interest to give that sparkling 1st impression to land myself a job
then hopefully...land myself a job
In all honesty, I am somewhat paralyzed by this list. I feel my body moving in slow motion. I am out of juice.
On top of that...I don't want to do the above list. None of it. I don't want to do one single one of those assignments. I'm tired. I'm so so tired.
However....I do want to graduate.
I do want to walk across the stage.
I do want to never write another paper of this magnitude again.
In order to get there I must conquer the above. And then I can tend to all in my life that is beyond neglected...my child, my body, my creative self, my friends, my family, my laundry, my floors, my storage unit, my new stack of papers piling high, my bills, my job, my car....& more.
while contemplating how to begin the paper I'm working on right now (you know, the one I'm stalling on by writing this blog??), I took a 20 minute nap, then hopped in the tub with the Ensign and read, "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays...there is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today....we must do that which is of greatest importance. Let us not procrastinate those things which matter most."
With that being said, I now sit at my computer. Upon selecting PUBLISH POST I will write my little heart out to complete yet another paper. For I know, I am a procrastinator. And I also know I have filled up enough days moving in slow motion terrified of the list, terrified of failing, terrified of what comes next if I pass. I know that this is important, and I must complete it.
I'll be checked out just a little longer....I've got to get this darn list done.

I love you all.
stephanie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Babata said...

Hey Stephanie,
I can't believe you are SOOOO close to being done! Oh, won't it be SO nice to walk across that stage! I'm expecting you to post lots and lots of pictures!!! Good luck in the coming weeks.

Babata said...

Oh, and one more thing, I love your post about the Temple, it is such a beautiful refuge. I am lucky to live so close to one.

Christy said...

Hey, Stephanie! I found your blog through Cassie's, (which I found through someone else's I know!).

How are you? And I love your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

You've got this one in the bag!! Just a little bit more.....and you're there. As I'm reading this blog, I'm nodding as if I should write the same exact words "I'm so, so tired." I feel your pain. I just keep thinking...how am I going to feel when this is over? I told my husband to remind me of how I felt this past Sunday while everyone was out "playing" in the 75 degree sun (and I was working on a paper). You're awesome and I
KNEW you would go this far in life.

Almost there!!!!! Good luck and Congratulations!

stephanie said...

babata- thanks, sister! i'm am no where near taking the bar...yet you are so encouraging of the small things I pretend are equal! :) and yes I'll have to take pics. at my last graduation none of us brought a camera! crazy, huh?! i have a lot of camera phone shots and well, hopefully that won't happen this time. augh!

hi christy! i'm so glad you found me on here too. i'm adding you as a fellow blogger. it's fun to have a little connection in the blog world!

stephanie you are so awesome...i'm so glad you are nodding with me!! i mean, not because you are feeling it too, but then totally because you are feeling it too. :) when it's over we will also be outside in the beautiful weather, in the sun soaking in our great new reality..and it will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.