Monday, April 28, 2008

my world without me.

want to know what happens when my world keeps functioning...without me?
1. my dishes pile up
2. I don't bathe (Thursday was my first shower since Saturday)
3. my laundry becomes a mountain
4. my child freaks out and his behavior buys him a smidge of time in ISS
5. my coworkers wonder if I'm really still an employee
6. my bank account gets the most ginormous overdraft fee of ones life (well, of my life anyway)
7. i can only stare at and set aside the electric and phone bills
8. many important I-need-to-fill-those-out-and-mail-them-in papers get ignored
9. my car shakes like one is landing a small airplane when the brakes are applied (so in need of rotors)
10. my body starts craving salad and good foods instead of all the quick easy totally unhealthy meals that get us through
11. and more, oh so much more
...
so I'm at the point of the semester when all the things I had a feeling were about to hit have officially hit. the problem? I still have 1 30 page paper to do, a final on Wednesday, a presentation on my internship and on the 30 page paper, and a 4 page paper summarizing the presentation and 30 page paper. confused?...yeah, so was I until this morning. what it sums up to is more writing.
I'm really not so negative about it all, just reorganizing this mess that I am having to clean up from dedicating so much of me to this semester. It happens at the end every time....and it always works out. I'm clearly not so fantastic at prioritizing, especially when I'm looking at 5 things that are #1. I haven't cried yet. Not even after writing the last paper (and that's typically my routine). I'm a bit nervous about the possibilities of a break down at the end of it all. But there's no time for one...because there is this mess to tend to. Of course I've already started tending to my child, and I think he is well on his way to better. Thank goodness for the gospel and for the beauty that the spirit brings.
FRIDAY my semester is over. Actually, my college career is over. Yet, I can't even send out my announcements because I'm terrified of the possibility of that just not being the outcome. And then what do you do...reannounce you're just kidding?!
I'm no longer grouchy, and really not so down about it although this post sounds awful. I'm a bit overwhelmed in the midst of still truckin' along. I've got this. And it really will all work out. It always does. (that's the multiple personality kicking in...I like her best).
off to give a little of me to my world...

No comments: