So I'm floating a little in this moment. I am in love. I just dropped off my resume at the most adorable school, which was sporting posters of one of my favorite local book stores in Austin, & which was also anticipating a wonderful local children's musician performing this week for the children. I walked in and I felt at home. I instantly felt my spirit jumping & shouting inside of me to make this happen. It actually started this morning when I was looking on the school's blog (yep, I said it...their blog), and read their school mission which beautifully meshes with my own teaching philosophy. Of everything they could have said, they talked about children as people (rather than a classroom or school full of kids) and the importance of parent involvement and families. Music to my ears! Not to mention the fact that they are the coolest elementary mascot that ever existed....OWLS!
I have had a small obsession with owls for a while now. When I told my mom after leaving the school this morning she said that this is my school. I want to be an owl. I want my child to be an owl. I want want want to teach there. I would say cross your fingers, wish me luck and all that good stuff, but really I'm dramatically pleading to pray pray pray this works for me and my little family. I want to do what's right for us...and I'm soooo hoping it's this!
I have had a small obsession with owls for a while now. When I told my mom after leaving the school this morning she said that this is my school. I want to be an owl. I want my child to be an owl. I want want want to teach there. I would say cross your fingers, wish me luck and all that good stuff, but really I'm dramatically pleading to pray pray pray this works for me and my little family. I want to do what's right for us...and I'm soooo hoping it's this!go owls.
1 comment:
Post a Comment