okay, so totally exposing myself here. I'm so grouchy!
it started a few days ago...on my way to teach a parenting class. i was super annoyed with the traffic (mind you, I'm in it alllll the time and so used to it), but that morning I was running late and NOT so okay with the traffic. then a tractor pulled out in front of me. and then when I oh so annoyingly went around the tractor, i saw the cyclist pedaling so hard in front of the tractor. so yeah, that will slow a car down a bit.
then the paper totally annoyed me...and all that that entails. I realized I plan and plan and plan, but there are so many little things that I just never plan for. For instance, (running late and the tractor) I waited to print my millions of pages for my paper and articles and sources until I was able to do it at school (cause I ran out of ink at home- and didn't plan on it). well, naturally I got there a few minutes before it was due and walked into a computer lab with a broken printer. I headed over to the second computer lab with a working printer that prints a ginormous gray stripe down the center of every one of my papers. 30minutes after class started I strolled in with a binder full of gray striped warm (hot off the printer) papers. I'm really so embarrassed for her to open my binder.
and well, today. today was not a bad day, but by late afternoon I was just annoyed. i was running late for scouts, we ate our dinner in the car on the way there, my scouts were ornery (all of them) and i was not so chill about it. you want to know how they responded to my small freak out????? they laughed. yeah, they take me so seriously. so on my way home a little bit ago I was fuming. in my attempt at understanding what in the world is making me so sensitive about everything, I've decided that i'm feeling a bit over. over schooled, over worked, over scouted, over parented, over everythinged, over, over, over. i realize that none of those things are even words, but you feel me? like everything i need is actually not happening, and all my time is spent doing the things you get in obvious trouble for if you don't do. i'm running from here to there beginning with the second we roll out of bed (late...always cause i'm so stinkin' tired). scriptures, consistent journal writing, walking outside in this beautiful weather, being on top of taking care of things (my car has needed rotors for like a year, and I think my insurance just lapsed, but I can't find the papers in the stack of mess), laundry, my floors, feed Tabor (our lizard) waayy more than he gets fed and clean out his way overdue to be cleaned tank, and totally and completely just hang out with my child. oh my word....that is what i need to be doing. how do make all of that happen? suggestions? solutions? i once told my boss I needed an assistant and his reply was that i needed a husband. i guess that might work too. :) i think i'm going to make a list tonight....cause that's what i do. i've officially vented (to all you good people) and now i will figure out how to make all that happen....ungrouchily...right after i go get some chocolate.
it started a few days ago...on my way to teach a parenting class. i was super annoyed with the traffic (mind you, I'm in it alllll the time and so used to it), but that morning I was running late and NOT so okay with the traffic. then a tractor pulled out in front of me. and then when I oh so annoyingly went around the tractor, i saw the cyclist pedaling so hard in front of the tractor. so yeah, that will slow a car down a bit.
then the paper totally annoyed me...and all that that entails. I realized I plan and plan and plan, but there are so many little things that I just never plan for. For instance, (running late and the tractor) I waited to print my millions of pages for my paper and articles and sources until I was able to do it at school (cause I ran out of ink at home- and didn't plan on it). well, naturally I got there a few minutes before it was due and walked into a computer lab with a broken printer. I headed over to the second computer lab with a working printer that prints a ginormous gray stripe down the center of every one of my papers. 30minutes after class started I strolled in with a binder full of gray striped warm (hot off the printer) papers. I'm really so embarrassed for her to open my binder.
and well, today. today was not a bad day, but by late afternoon I was just annoyed. i was running late for scouts, we ate our dinner in the car on the way there, my scouts were ornery (all of them) and i was not so chill about it. you want to know how they responded to my small freak out????? they laughed. yeah, they take me so seriously. so on my way home a little bit ago I was fuming. in my attempt at understanding what in the world is making me so sensitive about everything, I've decided that i'm feeling a bit over. over schooled, over worked, over scouted, over parented, over everythinged, over, over, over. i realize that none of those things are even words, but you feel me? like everything i need is actually not happening, and all my time is spent doing the things you get in obvious trouble for if you don't do. i'm running from here to there beginning with the second we roll out of bed (late...always cause i'm so stinkin' tired). scriptures, consistent journal writing, walking outside in this beautiful weather, being on top of taking care of things (my car has needed rotors for like a year, and I think my insurance just lapsed, but I can't find the papers in the stack of mess), laundry, my floors, feed Tabor (our lizard) waayy more than he gets fed and clean out his way overdue to be cleaned tank, and totally and completely just hang out with my child. oh my word....that is what i need to be doing. how do make all of that happen? suggestions? solutions? i once told my boss I needed an assistant and his reply was that i needed a husband. i guess that might work too. :) i think i'm going to make a list tonight....cause that's what i do. i've officially vented (to all you good people) and now i will figure out how to make all that happen....ungrouchily...right after i go get some chocolate.
No comments:
Post a Comment