upon arriving home from interning today I absolutely had to close my eyes (it's the oh so prevalent reflex that happens now as I'm dreading the completion of my darn paper). so at 3:50 I closed my eyes with my child close by lying on his stomach pushing around his Playmobil vehicles. at 4:45 my eyes popped open...to see my child's closed...in the same spot (lodged between his activity table and the wall),
only now asleep, on top of a skateboard, with toys in hand. even our little lizard Tabor is resting. my house is peaceful and i finally begin to write. 8:40pm...my child is still asleep, and i still sit and write.
oh no...I spoke too soon. 8:45pm my child wakes up panicked about the darkness outside and upset about the evening he missed outdoors. a bit of frustration is overtaking the peace that was here moments before. he'll work through it...just as I will work through this paper. I'm kind of sensing a Saturday night completion.
hold on, Alec. I'm almost done...and you'll have your momma back.
No comments:
Post a Comment