Sunday, August 3, 2008

i love my church.


it's true...I love my church. i love that my cute boy and I are constantly learning and progressing. i love the people (our church family) that i see each week, and the leaders who guide us. particularly, it is refreshing to be surrounded by others who view life as I do. i love the organization of it. i love my calling in cub scouts. i love serving with people that are devoted to and good at their callings...or reaping the rewards of those who are magnifying them. i love that my child loves our church building even though the building is so brown. :) i love that he has a favorite tree in the back of it. i love that he has friends that believe the same things he does. i love that he even has friends that are grown ups...really, his own friendships. i love that we are on the same page, and equally committed to being a forever family. i love the feeling of the spirit strong and warm and refreshing. i love the feeling of a prompting beating in my chest and completely undeniable. i love the freedom and energy that comes from acting on those promptings. i also love the freedom and complete joy that comes from following the plan Heavenly Father has set for me. i love the way it feels to receive blessings. or even to ask for them and know with surety that I am responsibly taking care of myself and my family. i love my home teachers who are so good to us. there is more. really. there is so so so much more that i know and love about the gospel of Jesus Christ that makes me smile from all that i am made up of. and even more exciting is that i see it brewing in my own child. my family is blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definately feel the same way! Thanks for expressing it in your blog. It is great to be reminded of how special and awesome our church is. We are so lucky and it is great that Alec likes to go. I am so exciting for lil Ethan to enjoy all the great programs. I LOVE the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints! I also really enjoy your blog!

stephanie said...

thanks ashley! i just reread your comment, and it made me smile. alec was in a carrier still when i was investigating and 2 when i was baptized. it has been neat watching him grow up in it. and your little ethan will be just as fun to watch...it's amazing!