Next month will mark my 1 year anniversary of blogging. It has been a magnificent outlet of expression and creativity noting the small, big, and random moments of my life and that of my cute boy. In truth, I did it because a couple of my girlfriends were doing it and I was intrigued. However, it took me forever to figure out how to express myself as I wanted the world to see me (or at least those in my world who might read it).
Just before I took the plunge and officially created my blog, I was introduced to another blog that instantly made me buRst from the inside out. NieNie Dialogues. I was completely shocked to find another human that encompassed ME...my every like, dislike, desire for style, wish for my family, and great need to celebrate life as I see it. Although I love every detail of how she carries out everything, I have been so inspired and empowered to find those things in me. It was such a refreshing, wonderful feeling to find her and be motivated to be a better me. Or to feel empowered to express me in a way that finally someone understood (cause she was already doing it!). From afar and even as strangers we share the same vision, and it's magnificent.
So, I began my blog existence and have frequented her blog each day for about a year now. My heart currently is so full of sadness.
I am sick. I cannot stop thinking about her and her family, and the details I know of her only from lurking on her blog. She and her sweet husband were in an awful private airplane accident over the weekend and are fighting for their lives. The blog world (not just mine) is in disarray. Really, thousands of people from all over the world feeling a connection to her similar to my own (turns out I'm not all that unique), are praying and pleading with Heavenly Father for her and her family. I am no exception.
There is a shift in perspective as only a few days ago I was overwhelmed by my own seemingly small worries. Even guilt has burdened me slightly as moments of inadequacy have crept over me over the months as I enviously viewed her beautiful, perfect life. I appreciate her, and what she has added to me.
NieNie has added to me color. More frequent doses of red lipstick, a bright yellow table to my dining room, splashes of color in all areas which I am confident and comfortable.
NieNie has added to me more reasons to celebrate...even just a Tuesday.
NieNie has added to me many ideas of how to incorporate my own vintage or retro loves into all things...clothing, home, celebrating, and expression.
NieNie has added to me another perspective of simply delighting in my cute boy and my life. Her energy and zest are infectious.
I am surrounded by NieNie lovers in my own world, and we are all moving a little slower as our thoughts frequently turn to her, her darling husband and their 4 young children. Updates on their progress can be found here. If you feel so moved, I hope that you might have them in your own thoughts as well.
Just before I took the plunge and officially created my blog, I was introduced to another blog that instantly made me buRst from the inside out. NieNie Dialogues. I was completely shocked to find another human that encompassed ME...my every like, dislike, desire for style, wish for my family, and great need to celebrate life as I see it. Although I love every detail of how she carries out everything, I have been so inspired and empowered to find those things in me. It was such a refreshing, wonderful feeling to find her and be motivated to be a better me. Or to feel empowered to express me in a way that finally someone understood (cause she was already doing it!). From afar and even as strangers we share the same vision, and it's magnificent.
So, I began my blog existence and have frequented her blog each day for about a year now. My heart currently is so full of sadness.
I am sick. I cannot stop thinking about her and her family, and the details I know of her only from lurking on her blog. She and her sweet husband were in an awful private airplane accident over the weekend and are fighting for their lives. The blog world (not just mine) is in disarray. Really, thousands of people from all over the world feeling a connection to her similar to my own (turns out I'm not all that unique), are praying and pleading with Heavenly Father for her and her family. I am no exception.There is a shift in perspective as only a few days ago I was overwhelmed by my own seemingly small worries. Even guilt has burdened me slightly as moments of inadequacy have crept over me over the months as I enviously viewed her beautiful, perfect life. I appreciate her, and what she has added to me.
NieNie has added to me color. More frequent doses of red lipstick, a bright yellow table to my dining room, splashes of color in all areas which I am confident and comfortable.
NieNie has added to me more reasons to celebrate...even just a Tuesday.
NieNie has added to me many ideas of how to incorporate my own vintage or retro loves into all things...clothing, home, celebrating, and expression.
NieNie has added to me another perspective of simply delighting in my cute boy and my life. Her energy and zest are infectious.
I am surrounded by NieNie lovers in my own world, and we are all moving a little slower as our thoughts frequently turn to her, her darling husband and their 4 young children. Updates on their progress can be found here. If you feel so moved, I hope that you might have them in your own thoughts as well.
***
(this beautiful picture was swiped from Nie's blog and used soley for the purpose of sharing her story.)
1 comment:
perfectly said stephanie. you write so well. (i have to make up for my poor writing, with tons of pictures on my blog.)i am mourning with you. wish we could have a NIE GET BETTER party together with beth. i may have gotten noel addicted as well.
Post a Comment