Sunday, August 10, 2008

TICK TOCK goes the transition.

one minute i am so confident and certain of everything (mostly in terms of the direction of my course in life, and what is good for my little family).

the next, i am overwhelmed by the uncertainty of when our next phase will begin. the transition is killing me. how wonderful it would have been to have the peace of mind of a job and what's to come...and the whole summer to just be.
so for now we are keeping busy. i'm trying not to think too much, although it's kind of an oxymoron (try it...tell yourself not to think about monkeys and i bet you do...see?). grrr. and i worry. i'm trying to do everything as i know i should, and keep diligently looking for an opportunity to meet with a principal...still have not even MET one!! and school receptionists are quite crabby. i think it's a job requirement.
and when i am completely unmotivated, i slip into another world. i just finished reading The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. it was a gift for my birthday, and i loved it.
we've been spending time with family, a little time with friends, drawing, coloring, video gaming, swimming (because it's 1000 degrees outside), and working. i just finished
up my girls' camp friday...another indication that summer is ending. it was great fun and i will miss their cute faces until next summer.
...
the rest of today i will ponder and plan. and tomorrow i will do.

1 comment:

squeezeme said...

Oh, why is life so like this.....what does Heavenly Father have in store....that's what I am thinking about. I'm sorry our phone conversations have been cut so short these days. I love you dear friend. All will work out of this I am certain and until then I recommend searching the scripture D&C 90:24. It's one of my current most favorites.