Saturday, January 19, 2008

vacuum.


So about a week ago we held another big cleaning day. It was my first day to feel better after being sick and I was so ready to disinfect my house and really get it feeling good. It was also one of those days where I was especially annoyed by the clutter and was tossing things off the shelves and into boxes. So in my relaxed, slow motion (cause it was only my first day better after being sick) furry, I was making big improvements!
It came time to vacuum and all I could do was sigh. I love the idea of my little bagless vacuum with the hepa filter and a few little gadgets (that I got with a gift card so even better!). But from day one I could feel whatever I'm sucking up shooting back at me. So I should have returned it, or called the company, or something right? Well, I never got around to it and now it is quite some time later, so I make the best of it.

We had the TV on still because the round of Saturday morning shows that my cute boy watches just ended. So in the background of our cleaning was an infomercial for a fancy shmancy vacuum. I couldn't help but kind of laugh at the irony of me vacuuming with my crappy vacuum and the cute little old man so proud of his vacuum on the infomercial trying to suck me in. And then, as if destined for the little Orek man on the TV, I pushed my vacuum forward and when I pulled it back the only thing that came was the handle!!! Yeah, I vacuumed the handle right off of my vacuum!
I immediately looked at the little vacuum man on the TV screen almost as if to ask, "Did you see that?!" And I swear I think he was laughing at me even more convinced I should order his million dollar machine.
Thank goodness I'm not a crazy woman.
Although one might think I'm crazy now when they see me vacuuming with a handle-less vacuum cleaner....cause that's what I do.
All of this leads me to this:
Can anyone recommend a good vacuum?

1 comment:

Cassie Stewart said...

i have a bagless dirt devil (vibe). i like it and it was only $50-