Monday, January 28, 2008

proud proud proud.

This weekend 2 of my girlfriends took on the 1/2 marathon here in Austin. 13.1 miles. Naturally, Alec and I zipped down to cheer them on. On our frantic jaunt to get to the finish line in hopes to see them running through, we had to stop for this snapshot of our great city. I just love Austin. The weather was amazing. There was excitement knowing the training involved, and the proud family and friends anxiously awaiting, not to mention the tears streaming even for strangers in addition to good friends. It was exhilarating and I loved it. I am so so proud. Congrats Heather & Jaime, my beautiful, brave, ambitious, resolution conquering friends.


I must also mention how proud I am of my cute boy! He completed his first Science Fair this week, and did a fantastic job. He even had the option of backing out of judging, and still wanted to present it himself to the judges. He worked hard, and did a good job showcasing his work. I think he even had a good time doing it....until about 11pm the night before when we were frantically finishing the board! Nevertheless, the smile is on his cute face. :)
yeah, ALEC!

4 comments:

Cassie Stewart said...

Yea Alec! It looks and sounds like you did a great job! I love you both! Thanks for the shot of Austin Steph, I need to see those sometimes :)

Cassie Stewart said...

Oh, and how is the organizing in your room coming? I can't believe you are taking that on by yourself- but i guess only you know what to keep or toss. good luck

Heather said...

I'm so glad that you were there to see us! I'm tearing up reading your post.

stephanie said...

Yes, yes the keeping and tossing has been determined and DONE. Shew. It was very emotional and way therapeutic to be physically throwing away so much from my last 10 years.
Now it's just the reorganizing part. Like all of my craft/art/misc supplies that allow me to do all the random projects and lessons that I do. And then figuring out how to make my room look like a room...rather than extra storage. It's coming along. I'm hoping by the end of next week it'll be done. I'll post pics of the new wall for sure!