Saturday night we had the privilege of attending a play. A play put on by over 100 volunteers at church. Can I just tell you what a wonderful, fantastic, brilliant, grand production it was?! I left in tears, barely able to compliment the cast on my way out. It was a play about dear Brother Joseph Smith. On the way home it was all I could do to keep from sobbing because my testimony of him was so strong in me. I turned the radio on to distract me, but my child knows me all too well. He asked if I was okay. I turned off the radio and asked if he had gained his own testimony of Joseph yet. He excitedly replied, "Yes!" And then he told me about what he knows of Joseph Smith, the first prophet of our church, and how and why he believes that what he lived was real. Joseph was only 14 years old when he was inspired by a verse in the bible, James 1:5. It reads, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God..." He wanted to be a part of a church but was confused and did not know what to do, so he asked. A miracle occurred and he was led to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm positive it sounds outlandish to some. I'm also positive that even bringing up religion and religious beliefs is over the top and creepy for others (I remember & sometimes still have those feelings, too). But also without a doubt I know that I have learned a great truth, and that there is an obligation and overwhelming desire to share it's joy. There is a wonderful feeling that comes over me when I learn of Joseph Smith and his task and sacrifices to restore the gospel of Jesus Christ. I can't help but feel my own life parallel to Joseph's in a very small degree as I too am trying to bring something new to life for my own family. I love how simple the gospel is. I love the possibilities that come from living it. I know that my own life has changed beyond anything I ever could have imagined because of it. I am constantly empowered to do and be anything and everything I ever wanted. Nothing feels as good as the Holy Ghost, and knowing the goodness that comes from living the life Heavenly Father wants you to live. I am beyond a work in progress...but I am progressing. And my cute boy is steadfastly facing forward and living stronger than I ever thought possible. That in itself is a life worth living. Thank you Joseph for all that you have done to make these things possible for me and my family.

1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment