Wednesday, March 25, 2009

can you help me out, yo?

hey! so i need a little help from you (my peeps).
I've rambled much about my girl's camp GIRL POWER that consumes my summers. well, after lots of pleading from me and finally requests from parents during registration, my bosses are listening....&I get to do a BOY's camp! I'm so excited about it! the thing is, it cannot be called BOY POWER. i just don't know one boy that would sign up for it (i don't think).
sooo......WHAT SHOULD I CALL IT?
in Girl Power we focus on these topics:
being our true (authentic self), self concept, reframing negative thoughts into positive, body image, resiliency, friendship, handling conflict, and MORE
although the BOY's group isn't completely put together, here are some topics I'm thinking of right now:
true (authentic) self, insecurities, bullying, self concept, conflict, reframing, resiliency, boy code, friendship (greetings- handshakes, rough housing- reading people/watching limits, popularity, what's "cool" to you, etc.), and MORE
the point is to teach important life tools and to help build their sense of SELF. with all of that said I ask again.............WHAT SHOULD I CALL IT?
what do you think?
what do you think?
what do you think?
comment, email, call!
tell me what YOU think.
thaaaaaanks!
steph

4 comments:

Mindy said...

So...do we win something if our title is picked? Just kidding.

Keep in mind my boys are 2 and 3 so I am really (REALLY) unsure of terminology and what would be "cool" for 10-year old boys, but I've got to start typing to get the juices flowing, so don't judge me...

Dudes Who Dare
Discovery Dudes
Cool from the Core
Guys of Growth
Learnin' the Lingo
(sorry, these are all coming out somewhat alliterative)
Worms, Germs, and Things Inside (not just your nose)

K, babies are crying so that's all for now. But maybe this can at least springboard someone to the best name (yet to be discovered).

stephanie said...

oooh Mindy!! you are quite good at this! i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like "dudes who dare" That is really good! Nice work!

stephanie said...

C-doubleO-L
Cool dudes
Band of Brothers
BOYS!
BOYZ!
Boy Band
Oh Boy!
Oh Brother!
Real Boys (copyright?), Real Boyz
Boy Code
B.C. (for boy code)
Boy Rock
B Club
Chillin’ with Dudes (alec)
Homies
Peeps
Blue
Blue Brothers
Blues Brothers
B.O.Y.S. or B.O.Y.Z. building our youth zone (or some other wording for each letter)
BOYZone
BroZone
Camp Boy Power
Camp B.P.