Sunday, December 9, 2007

i've got it.

So, it's official.
I've got it.
There are a plethora of attempts to fill it...quickly.
But nevertheless I have it.
It's mine.
I'm trying to be ever so wise with it.
What?! you ask?
time.
beautiful precious time.
I'm still waiting on my grades, but my semester is over. Alec has his choir performance this week, so early morning rehearsals are over, too (shew!). And soon his first 1/2 of 4th grade will be over & a much needed break will be upon us.

  • I have time to just be with Alec. I don't have to feel torn between homework & him. I can just be....guilt free.

  • I have time to contribute to his classroom. I have been dying to be in that classroom all semester. I am the first parent to hop on the "holiday" party at school so I have a little bit of control on how it will go (that kind of control makes me very happy). There are some issues in the classroom, and it's my own child's party too, so my head is spinning (teacher & parent- mode) with ideas (necessary, fun & meaningful). I'm actually really excited about it.

  • I have time to get my house in order. There are so many papers everywhere! I need to do some paper organizing and it is not my favorite thing to do. I need to put away my mountain of clean clothes. I need to clean the restrooms, & dust, & so on...

  • I have time to transition my home. I still need to get my Christmas decorations out of my storage unit. All of my fall things are sitting in a little pile in my living room. My house is dying for the transition to the upcoming holiday. Or maybe it's me dying for the transition. Hot chocolate, Christmas movies, a house lit up with lights, and a beautiful tree....ahhh. I can't wait. I'm starting tomorrow.

  • I have time for my church calling. My calling at church is Cub Scouts. Some recent changes at church have required a lot more from me in scouts. I finally have time to magnify what I've been asked to do. I can't wait to get that in order.

  • In this break...but possibly in the January part of it I'll be gearing up for my last semester. Looking for an internship experience, getting my resume and portfolio ready, and studying for my comprehensive exams which are coming up in March. If I begin soon it will be low key...no stress, just my creative juices flowing and taking it all in.
I just love this time of year. And, now that I've got time, I should get off the computer & utilize it, yes? :)

No comments: