December 5th 2000
welcome to my baptism
& the blessing of my cute (then only 2 year old) boy
hymn by the missionaries: Lead Kindly Light
(because that's what my very first missionaries sang to me 2 1/2 years earlier, & it's what I continuously requested they sing to me over & over again)
opening prayer: Elder Stockhoff
speaker on Baptism: Oscar
Baptism of Stephanie by Oscar
hymn: I Need Thee Every Hour
hymn: I Know that my Redeemer Lives
a few Christmas carols (cause I think I was taking too long to dry off)
speaker on the Holy Ghost: Jackie
Blessing of Alec by Elder Stockhoff
song: I am a Child of God
closing prayer: Cassie
(except that I think she was a bit too emotional to do it- am I right, Cass? I can't remember exactly)
..flip over..
(for those who remember the "special thanks")
This day 7 years ago I was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I just declared that a day that I made a very good choice. I can't help but ponder my progress since. & my heart is full tonight.
1 comment:
steph I am so proud of you for making this choice at that exact time. I need to come see you don't I?
Post a Comment