And while it was here, this is how it happened.


My red toes were frozen! I had to take this photo (below) because originally it was a circle of flip flops and other little ballet type shoes like my red ones. Burrr for ladies who were not completely prepared (myself included!).
There are really so many more photos. The town was complete with super yummy Bethlehem bread, camels, donkeys, sheep, even the North Star that leads you to the manger. The Inns really were packed with families, and the town was busy with people, markets, a jail, taxpayers, and more. There were large crosses strategically placed throughout the town. And then signs asking for reverence as you enter to view Mary, Joseph and the sleeping baby. Oh so beautiful. I'm teary thinking about it. It's a must if you are close by.
My grandma surprised us all on the eve of our family Christmas (the 21st) with an emergency stint in her heart! When she got out of surgery she wanted Red Lobster. And when my mom went to pick her up to take her home the next day she wanted to stop by Target first. That lady! So, my entire family loaded our cars and transitioned our originally planned Austin family Christmas to Brownwood at my grandma's house. It was a nice evening. We're all a little goofy in this picture thanks to Barbie's last second belly-laugh-comment! :) Nevertheless, we're all together (even the top of doggie Zeke's head) which makes it post worthy.
We spent an evening Ice Blocking with good friends...
This is where you sit on a block of ice (a big one that you either purchase or freeze in a big pot/pan/dish) & slide down a hill. It's the Texas version of sledding, I guess. It's a hit with us...and a year round tradition.
We had a super early Family Home Evening to keep the focus of Christmas on Christ...as the anticipation of gifts was building even more. I love love love the feeling in our home when we read the scriptures & when we prioritize as we should. Is there anything more important? I love that we are celebrating Christ's birth....and that it really feels like that's what we're doing.
Then, a fun time was had Christmas Eve night with Alec's dad's familia...
And then a short visit to the Lewis' to hug my Jeffery & his beautiful wife, Angela. No pics because we were so caught up in it all that the camera never came out. Jeff is my longest friend. We met in 2nd grade when he would stuff me under the seats on the school bus..and sit on me. I think I might have to have a post just for him. Look for a highlight of this boy coming soon!
Finally, Christmas day was spent at home. We were lazy. We trashed the house opening and playing with everything. And we filled up on Nana's tamales. Here are a few pics from the day...
I love the retro moped (above) complete with his black & white checkered vans!
I decided this year to only present Alec with 3 gifts as the 3 wisemen presented 3 gifts to Christ. Sooo smart...or wise! Of course, Santa brought something as well, & filled the stockings. And then came Nanna with her own truck load of goodies! (not to mention the other stops in December to other family Christmas'.) I think Alec said thank you 400 times Christmas day. I don't think he minded the bombshell that I enlightened him to about a month ago about the jolly guy. He was so appreciative and happy. What more could I ask for, right?! Lots of fun gifts & lots of time with friends & family. We are still having a ball in the aftermath of it all.
Here is my mom showing off her most treasured gift from us this year (below).
The evening ended with a visit from my friend Beth, while Alec broke in his newest addition Rock Band with a few neighbors. I think they really might feel like an actual band.
As exciting as it is for Christmas to come, I am always just as excited to see Christmas go. I've decided that I am going to be that girl who gets everything done obnoxiously early because it is soooo much less stressful & feels so much better. And I've realized why I freak out to get a Christmas card out. I love getting them. I love love love getting Christmas cards. They are beautiful & personal and so so special to me. I love hearing from people even if that is the only time of year that I do. So I'll put a little more into my card next year...because I get what it means to me now.
Okay friends, this was possibly the longest post ever. I love you & Merry Christmas 2007. 
No comments:
Post a Comment