Monday, March 17, 2008

keep austin kiting.

so we ventured out to the austin kite festival. lucky for me I had to intern and work the Lost Parent booth. On the way to my booth, mesmerized by all the kites in the sky, I had to snap this photo of the tree full of kites. It was such an overcast day so you can see the gray gray sky....which made it completely and perfectly (almost too) windy. I just could not take my eyes off the tree in wonder as to why you would even attempt to fly your kite by the trees?! All of those dots in the picture are kites...the sky (and the tree) was full full full of beautiful, colorful kites! I loved it.

Well, my cute boy found himself a green alien kite that was really good at soaring in the sky. We had no idea kite flying could be so much fun!






When it was my turn I was just laughing and in total shock that I had not realized how wonderfully exhilarating this kite flying thing was.
And then suddenly & literally within one second...a gust of wind snatched that green alien out of my hand, and blew it away.
Alec and I ran and ran and followed it as far and fast as we could. People were even frantically trying to grab it as it passed them by.

And so guess where that wonderfully flying green alien landed????! Well, a limb from the tree that I photographed coming in (the one above with all of the kites stashed in it) snatched the string of our kite and decided to fly it himself. And the big mean kite snatching tree flew our kite the rest of the day...while we watched with sadness wishing it was us. Oh the guilt that I felt from not being able to hold on tighter! I felt awful...and I think I was only slightly forgiven for it.

No comments: