Monday, November 26, 2007

today I got hit by a firetruck.

So today was like every other Monday as I went to pick up my cute boy from school. As I approached the cross walk in my little car with my windows down, I heard the frantic cross-walk-guard say to "keep him there until the ambulance comes" & then she walked back to her normal position...in the middle of the street. Alec saw me approach so he hopped in the car. We were sitting at the stop sign behind a car trapped in all the commotion, and along comes the firetruck. He needs to turn into our teeny tiny street, of which he quite clearly could not fit at that moment. So he motions the car in front of me to go. And he goes. Which leaves me. I moved right (cause that's what you do, right?). The firetruck was coming closer, & closer & closer....and as I started to go up on the curb (cause I couldn't get anymore RIGHT), he totally swiped my car on his big red way to his emergency.
Yes, friends, today I got hit by a firetruck.
We're still working out all the logistics because of course, something is trying to be argued not in my favor. BUT I feel like I have a solid argument, and hopefully a witness to back me up (I'll be visiting the crossing guard tomorrow morning). Crazy huh?
Oh, you want to hear a crazier awful sad part of the story (other than my little car being damaged)? Well, the emergency was a man covered head to toe in blood who was walking around in the street by the cross walk as the elementary kiddos were getting out of school. Luckily we did not see him! Apparently he has some alcohol issues & was drunk (again they all said). And when he gets drunk he cuts himself. And today he cut his juggler vein. And then he rode away in the ambulance. Poor guy.
And then I went to class.
YUCKY, WEIRD afternoon.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Not funny...but I did find myself chuckling....solely from the way you described it I'm sure! So....you're really in a accident dispute with the fire dept?? Suck! :)