
ticket #1 issued: 10/23/2007
I parked 2 feet from my professors office rather than commuter parking where I would have to then take a shuttle to her office. I was with her a total of about 15 minutes. Price: $35.
ticket #2 issued: 10/29/2007
I parked in a GREEN zone (I am a PURPLE zone parker). I thought this particular green zone was open to all at 3pm, but it turns out (I now know since my ticket says so) it opens at 5pm (when my class starts). I parked at 4:19pm and was issued this ticket at 4:32pm. Price: $35.
ticket #3 issued: 11/01/2007
I know, by now I should have known. But what are the chances of getting a 3rd ticket???? So I risked it and parked by my professor's office again to run inside and make sure all is well for next semester. A total of 20 minutes + this 3rd ticket in 9 days = another $35 fine.
So, I will be off to school again tonight & you bet I'm going to pay attention to those signs (which I should have memorized since this is my 5th year at this school!). Can I get a parking break, please? Grrr.
7 comments:
suck! WOW....they are really on top of their job!
so, were you planning on getting these tickets on 11 (NOVEMBER)/ 6/2007, 11 (November)/12/2007 or 11 (november)/15/2007? I didn't know you could tell the future! Scary!
That stinks!!!! Ahhhh! I hate parking tickets!
Oh my goodness!! Michael, I FINALLY get it! Okay, so I had no idea that I actually posted the DUE DATES for my fines rather than the issue dates of my tickets....and they are all in the "future." Gosh, that is funny that you were the only one that caught that!! And funny that it took me 5 days to figure out what your comment meant! lol:)
this blog has officially been edited to the correct issue dates...i'm a dork.
sorry i realize i was being so mean! oops. i am glad you figured it out though. peter read it and told me i was a jerk for saying anything at all.
ummm...yeah, not a jerk at all! way funny to catch me on my crazy premonition moment! I wish I got these tickets "later"...then I would have more time to pay these off!
although my real wish is that I never got them at all. darn it.
Post a Comment