Saturday, November 17, 2007

i'm with the skaterboy.

It's true. I am.And this week, while I was with my 9yr old skaterboy we were having a day:
mom's homework
+
boy's need to be rowdy & do something active
=
a trip to the skatepark
So, while I was sitting in the dirt doing my homework & while my kiddo was whizzing by me, I looked up to see some "suits" coming into the park. I knew something was up because there were a couple of fancy cameras set up, but it's a fairly new skatepark & I assumed it had something to do with that. I was watching the big guys when I noticed a familiar face. Did I actually recognize one of them? And then I realized we were in the midst of a celebrity moment.
funny, huh? So naturally, we did the autograph thing (he signed his board) & ALEC got to tell him his name, which Stephen thought was cool (cause it's the name of his bro), & then my skaterboy went back to skating, I went back to my homework, & Stephen went back to eating....fried chicken that he picked up from Randall's (grocery store) cause he "was starving!" I kept looking up and thinking how odd it all was that we were just all there together in this very small space, going about our business.

Oh...so Stephen was actually there promoting a skatepark that is being built at a nearby church for the youth there. The word is he's "saved" & trying to promote a little good in the world.


and that my friends was my thursday afternoon...with my skaterboy.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ld duh. said...

PlayStation 2 Wireless Guitar Controller - $29.87


walmart blackfriday.

Heather said...

How did she already know what Walmart is going to have on Black Friday? She's a good trooper!

Heather said...

oh and what does that jibberish mean?

stephanie said...

I forgot to ask Cass/Dan to translate for me. I wish I knew!

Linsey, you rock!! Let me know anymore details. Any word on Rock Band...cause we want it now?!!

Ld duh. said...

geez heather i get emails okay. Im VIP. ill check out rock band oh and the guitar for ps2 is black and white

Mindy said...

Woo hoo, star sighting! What a fun random afternoon event! Can't believe you actually had something for SB to sign Alec's board with...I never have pens for moments like those!

(BTW, the first comment is spam. They found your blog through a search engine--my guess is because of keywords like Stephen Baldwin--they're just trying to get you to sign up for some type of click and get paid service. You may want to think about adding some security to the comments here, like requiring us to type in the security message in the box above or something like that. Spammers can't get through that stuff.)

stephanie said...

thanks for the heads up, Mindy!! The comment is officially GONE!