Saturday, December 5, 2009

today.

Dear Today,
You know how I woke up slowly/lazily and happily and mosied into the living room to see the boy melting m&ms in his mouth (not in his hand) while putting on a Christmas movie...since he had just woken up, too (and how I went ahead and let the m&ms be his breakfast)? And how I was rested and floating from my previous evening of bliss with warm, beautiful, hilarious people? And how I felt a sigh of relief that I was still present at and very much a part of my former school even though I'm being borrowed by another? (the holiday party happenings told me so)
You know how this morning I put on that outfit that I'd worn 3 times this week (the one I grabbed off the floor), but still felt great in it? And how the boy and I loaded up his xylophone and trusty mallets for his 2nd gig of the season...this time a solo at the wonderland of grandma's and grandpa's we spoke of last year?
You know how we then headed to a particular specified store and scored on a load of loot for a particularly important boy from the children's home that my own cute boy picked to help out this Christmas? Holy moly...did I mention we/our-cute-adopted-teenage-boy scored?!
And you know how the cute boy then ditched me for time with his cousins, which allowed me to slip into the REDstore for a few stocking stuffers, but then I landed ME a totally jazzy scarf, and tights, and a couple of shirts on sale?! Remember how I felt selfish for a second, and then how totally excited I got right after???
And then I went home to finagle my car insurance...cause the renewal was stressing me out. Remember how I did a little solo dance number when I switched companies and only paid $300 instead of the $600 that was being asked of me by my current company?!!! Remember how that made me hop in the car and go to one more store and get THEpurse I've been eyeing (cause I just saved myself $300 and so such things are possible!) and how even that was on sale, too?????!
And you know how when I came home I heated up a bowl of yummy chicken tortilla soup that was left on my porch this week (along with 2 other meals and treats) because I am surrounded by really amazing people?
And I know you know that we are super mindful of this day because it's this day 9years ago that I got baptized. And so just by account of that, the day has been a warm fuzzy happy kind of day filled with "I'm proud of you" kind of things whispered to myself.
And you know how it's my own personal expectation to end this day with a clean/picked up home, and with all of my papers graded, and my Kwanzaa lesson planned? Well, I'm going to just...you know....go to bed.
I think I've done quite a bit. I think the day turned out pretty grand. I think I'm pretty proud of that boy of mine. And pretty okay with how life is going. I can't wait to be unborrowed, but I'm mostly content outside of that:). I'd like to thank you, Today. You know...for today.
With lots and lots of heartfelt gratitude &love,
Stephanie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your post. I love your openness. How awesome that you saved so much money on insurance!! That is amazing. We are on geico. Maybe we should switch?

Also, I'm sure I knew this-(or maybe not since i don't remember) but i didn't know you were a convert!! That is amazing. NINE years. It goes by fast huh? I will hit Five years in march, hard to believe. I couldn't imagine my life any other way though.

AngelinaMagdelina said...

Nine years ago I met you and I'm so grateful.

Hoping you have a good week.
-A.R.

Holly Renee said...

This post simply just makes me freaking miss you but also just reminds me how blessed I was (and am) that God chose YOU to be one of my dearest childhood friend! Love U, Steph!!!