I've been up all morning and am quite productive (yay me!). Dishes, trash, picking up, laundry (all the maintaining the home mumbo jumbo that didn't get much attention during this crazy week we just had), and working on my bedroom next. The boy did his yesterday cause he's slightly more awesome than me.
I've been cutting my hair all morning, too. Bit by bit, but I think I'm getting closer to how I want it to look. I know I said a while back I was considering bringing back the banana clip, but it has officially been brought back. And they really are still exactly the same as 1980. The package I bought a few months ago was a package of 3: brown, black, and CLEAR. It's hilarious, but I love them.
I am kidless today, so I'm extra on a mission. Taylor and Beyonce are singing (loudly) to me this morning to keep me motivated on my spic and span shenanigans. And then I SWEAR I'm going to walk the lake. I might even kayak by myself. For real. Last night I was in a little dance number at the school dance and I have to tell you it was craaaazy fun! I have always loved doing that kind of stuff, but I think I forgot. Just before we went out, when we were hiding behind the curtain about to interrupt the boys (it was a dance off), one of my friends said, "Is this the way JustinBeiber feels before he performs?!" and I couldn't help but die laughing. I mean, he might feel a little more awesome....I'm just sayin. It.was.FUN. Fun. I got to have that adrenaline jolt of FUN in me reminding me that I don't have to be so serious and worried and overwhelmed and deep in thought all the time. I don't have to live in a constant state of pondering life. I don't have to be so cautious of making the right choices or making sure I'm doing the right thing......I think I know what those are. So I got to put in a clean copy of a popular hip hop song with fellow teachers AND the librarian, lunch lady (although I'm sure there's a more appropriate name for her), counselor, even a frequent substitute, intervention teachers, and our assistant principal. And I got to let go of insecurities, rely on my amigos and my cute cute students (who I also taught the dance to), and have a ball. I blacked out on a few steps and my kids afterward go, "Ms.Geeeeeeeeeeee! You knew those steps!" And then my AP asked if I saw his super cool solo WHICH I WAS STARING RIGHT AT and I realized my blackout lasted longer than I realized...oops. I guess I was so caught up in my moment of fun:)
Which all brings me back to kayaking. Cause darn it it's fun and its what I want to do . And I'm going to seriously do my best to make it happen. Or maybe I'll go buy those cute cheap yellow sandals? Or should I get the red ones?
okay, several posts coming due to the hoarding of pics on the camera that need to be released for some kind of record of our life....soon.
happy saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment