Thursday, May 13, 2010

mother's day surprise.


Dear Mother/Grandmother/Mother-figure,
(ms.G interviewed me personally about my choice and i felt good about deciding on and picking YOU to celebrate today)
I've brainstormed you, learned how to write poems, and put my words about you on paper following those poetry rules.  I've illustrated with pencil, crayon, marker, chalk and glued beautiful little silk flowers all inside this book.  I even included a beautiful coupon book on the last page with things I know you'd want to cash in because I made them thinking about you (walk on your back, hug you when you feel sad, help you clean, and more).  And just when i thought my masterpiece couldn't get any better, ms.G arrived with my silhouette to fit perfectly on the front cover.  I was so happy I hugged and kissed my own book about 100 times.  In fact, all my classmates did.  And ms.G took pictures of all of us with our books and we were smiling so big (but she can't post our pictures on her blog no matter how badly she wants to).  We made "packages" for our books by decorating big manila envelopes and wrapped it in jute just like a real present.  Now all i have to do is wait for Sunday for you to open it.  I hope you like it.
Love, Me (student-in-ms.G's-3rd-grade-class)

2 comments:

AngelinaMagdelina said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful gift for the mothers AND children. I know these take some work. I remember my first grade teacher making a silhouette of me and I felt so loved as she took time to trace each feature.

Cassie Stewart said...

so cool that you did that for their mothers and for them!!