Hey there!
So, my blog is dumb. How are you even reading this??? This is a place I go and gripe about life being weird. And you read it. Why? Maybe you relate? Maybe you're curious to see how this all pans out? Maybe you want to see me quit complaining, pull up my boot straps and get it together. Maybe you want to see me do all the things I ramble about in my "want to do's" or quit blabbing about it and decide to be really content with where I'm at in life.
I have had a lot of really beautiful, motivating, spiritual experiences lately. I even attended a women's conference kind of thing over a weekend and when I got back home I knew instantly that I could not live in this space one more minute without making some major changes. People around me are doing all kinds of hard, life changing things and I act like I'm stuck, or I'm fragile, or like we'll crumble if anything is different. Next time you see me grab my shoulders, shake me, and if you deem necessary you have my permission to slap me. Seriously. I'll know why.
I often do get revved up to start changing and even know decided things like: exactly where to start, what changes to make, and what people to consult, etc. And then life is so blasted busy another week will pass and I'm back to another equally as busy weekend having done nothing different. So THIS WEEK people. Tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and do some big deal things. Because I'm a big deal. And this boy of mine is a big deal. And this life we live/lives we are living is/are a big deal. And I don't want to waste another second.
Okay, another side note....I think I'm going to start another blog. Right after talking about wasted time, I'm sharing this with you. Ironic much? No but seriously. You know how you are getting to post all these lovely pictures and posts about your children and your lives and I am basically just journaling because my child is soooooo private and uncomfortable with me sharing? Well, since my point of sharing is to keep some sort of record of our lives in a way (not really scrapbooking cause I am lame at that), and to really talk through life so that we can understand snippits of our journey, doesn't it make sense to find a way to talk about what is REALLY going on in our world over here???? So I'm thinking about an anonymous blog. A blog that describes me and the teenager, but never divulges identity. No photos of us, and no inclination to our whereabouts, but all the gory juicy details breaking down the real life of parenting through the teenage years. REAL. Super real. I've already blogged (practically shouting) full posts to the world (in my mind) several times. Things that I'm going to want to know we experienced and navigated through. Things I'm going to want to remember how we felt and what remedies we tried. Things that combat insecurity, anger, hurt, first loves, temptations, friendships, whatever defines "cool", feeling misunderstood, feeling overlooked, and the awkwardness that exists inside an underdeveloped brain and a rapidly developing body. Honesty people. I need to break it down and give the world parenting a teenager in the most honest format I can give it. Since it's practically bursting out of me I am kind of feeling relief even just talking about it.
I should probably end with how much I genuinely adore my boy. I think you already know this though. He's beautiful (and smart) and kind and empathetic and fun and quirky and thoughtful and witty and cautious and logical and gentle and really a more than decent human being. He also makes decisions that dumbfound me. And so it is.
Okay, off to sleep. It's late, yo.
No comments:
Post a Comment