Sunday, November 7, 2010

I'm at school.  I've been here since 8am and it's now 11:30. 
It's Sunday and I'd much rather be at church than work.
I have a lot more hours to put in, but I'm only doing about 1 of them.  The reason?  Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaades. 
I MIGHT get lesson plans done today.  I mean, who needs to know what they're doing ahead of time anyway?  Well, I suppose it's kind of important if you are about to be evaluated that week.  And for sanity.  Cause did you know that if you don't know what you are doing around children they eat you alive?  They seriously take little bites out of you.  They start at random places and just gnaw until you give in and let them take over.  And at some point (hopefully) something inside you remembers something that can resemble KNOWING what you are doing and you shake them off....at which point they land in their seats and begin to pay attention.
Tuesday brings LiteracyNight at ourEscuela which is a grand event celebrating reading.  Guess what I was made in charge of.  Guess.  No really, guess.
Yes, decorating.
I'm charging my camera.
And then you will see what happens when this girl is in charge of decorating A SCHOOL for an event.
Friday we (a few teaching peeps and I) sang, "We built this city on Rock n Roooooll" as we literally built a city.  Or perhaps constructed is a better word?  A city.  Of paper. 
I've been at school or working from home more than anyone should be legally allowed to do anything.  In fact, it should be against the law for any parent to be a workaholic (if that's what this is called).
But since there is no one really policing me and since I don't have a good  measuring tool announcing to me when something is TOO MUCH, I simply take on.  And then suddenly I have my "oh crap" moment when I realize I may have gone too far (which is today).  I feel like I should insert a disclaimer that my cute cute boy is doing well:)  He has short hair.  SHORT.  But that's another post....
It's particularly tricky because these things are fun.  They are festive, fun, in the name of something good, and don't appear to be all that bad.  Did I mention I'm in a play?  I have been wanting to do something like this for a while.  What I know about myself is that if I have an opportunity to be creative, I can do more.  It sustains me longer.  And I needed a chance to be this kind of creative again.  I think there may be a video of it after Tuesday.  Bring on LiteracyNight;)

Which also brings me back to this post.  If in the middle of grading and posting I can write (some kind of creative expression) I can get this grading mumbo jumbo over a bit easier.  Strange, yes?
Okay, okay, back to grades so I can get back to my life.  I haven't answered my phone in like 4 weeks.  I don't even think my voice mail is accepting messages anymore and my email has 1,828new messages in myInbox (none of themSPAM).  I'm awesome.  And I need an assistant.  Anyone?  Anyone?  I'm accepting applications. 

My love to all!

3 comments:

AngelinaMagdelina said...

Since you're not reading e-mail or answering the phone, I'll gamble on you receiving this comment:

I'm coming to Austin soon and I want to see you. email me and I'll tell you the details.

Nurturing creativity: good.

stephanie said...

Just got home from the boy's last football game....yay! I'm so excited you're coming and YES, I'd love to see yoU!! I'll email Wednesday and we'll talk details:)

squeezeme said...

Dearest Steph I am so glad you are breathing. Breathing is a good thing...even if you are just barely treading to keep your head above the water line!

Just keep treading and as soon as you can get out of the water....do it!

Love you!