i'm so far from happy that i can't help but feel broken.
many things bring me joy.
i can make, see, and do beautiful things.
i laugh.
i smile all the time.
i have friends. really really good friends.
i have a good relationship with my family.
my child is amazing and in a good place.
and it's all genuine and real.
yet i'm miserable.
i can't explain it.
i don't understand it.
i just got home from work (8:30saturday night)...it was my 2nd time there today only this time i was doing church stuff. i pulled up and my neighbor is outside on his porch with his daughter and they are drawing. they are having a drawing contest. and now i'm bawling....I want to be having a drawing contest.
but who has time to draw?
i've been doing my house all day and it's nowhere near done (i've done a lot!!).
i went to work and my to do list is so grandiose that i couldn't even check off one item in the hour and a half i was there. instead i made the list bigger.
i made the 200 fliers for the upcoming church activity, and am now working on the collage i was supposed to turn in a week ago at work. (my entire team was scolded for another assignment that we have yet to turn in and it was due 8weeks ago...there's.no.time.)
i didn't even know the cute boy had the solo for his fall band concert last night until we were walking into the auditorium and he told me he was super excited about it! (in my defense i was totally aware of his piece and practice hours and such...i just didn't realize he was playing it by himself)
i'm spread thin.
too thin.
i don't know how much is my fault, or just the way it is and i'm just dramatic.
i feel like the big, lonely cat lady with no life. (we have no cats, but if i wasn't so traumatized by tabor i would totally get one)
or maybe so much of a life that i am lost in it.
perhaps it's just my body.
if i wasn't carrying an extra 120pounds would i FEEL differently about all these to do's?
or would it feel the same?
or am i just so resentful that this is what i'm doing rather than being home with babies that i can't truly get past it and enjoy my NOW?
or if i had nothing to do, would i still create a ton of things?
do i create things in order to avoid me?
cause i do feel like i make a conscious effort to avoid ME.
and then there's the inevitable moment of meeting, where i have to face me again.
and that's when i cry and admit that i am indeed broken.
4 comments:
Stephanie, I love and miss you dearly, my dear. I'm sorry that you are feeling broken, and recognize from the times I've felt broken that nothing I can say would truly change your opinion of yourself right now. But because I admire you so much and because I think of you as a darling and dear friend I will say some things anyway. You are a wonder. You are beautiful and talented and loved. I cannot imagine how you live your life, how you do all that you do and how you manage to do it all so well. Everything you do, everything you touch, is amazing. If you do have a fault it is that you care too much and take on too much that you then spend time caring about too much. I have had days and times like that too. It sucks. It feels like the more you do the more buried you are in things that are never going to get done and it just keeps getting darker and heavier. I absolutely adore you my dear and I hope you feel better and lighter soon.
How much do I love you? Oh, how I wish I lived closer to ease your burdens in some way. I have to agree with Kimmalee....the talent you possess makes it hard to not do your absolute best in all you do. I have been studying President Utchdorf's talk from April 2010 Conference...Continue in Patience. Perhaps it may be balm to your soul. I know that your Heavenly Father and your Savior love you and know every moment of your life and what you are experiencing. I love you too and miss you terribly!
Oh, my dear. Perhaps a role reversal could be helpful. That nifty parent doing the drawing contest would be absolutely floored at all that YOU are. (Notice that I didn't say all that you DO.) I think that what we do and who we are are different things, but related. We get in trouble when we confuse doing with our identity. However the things you do are true evidence of a generous heart, an artistic, sentimental soul, and a gifted educator within. However, even if you didn't do so many things, it wouldn't change who you are. Your cat lady feelings don't have to continue. It's a good warning sign that you're reaching capacity and that it's ok to slow down. I send this link with all my love,
Angie
http://new.lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/of-things-that-matter-most?lang=eng
awe, girls! you are so so kind with your words of encouragement and thought. i love it. i know i'm surrounded by the most amazing people. really, perfectly picked just for me! i hope i lift you even an inch of what you do for me. really, i love you so!
also angie, i just read pieces of that talk and am so anxious to watch it!! it seems like just what i need to hear.
Post a Comment